Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1964 50c Kennedy DDR Question On Notching

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 268Next Topic  

United States
42 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  11:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all.....again, (2x in one night )
You guess it, I am more into legacy coin hunting and I had a question about this Kennedy I found a while ago.
With this kind of notching, it's on 75%+ of the stars, is this coin considered a DDR?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41959 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John1,
Thank you so very much for pointing this link out to me and showing me the way. You've made my day!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41959 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glade to help whenever I can.Here is another you may like http://doubleddie.com/1598977.html
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW, never occurred to me, the answer has been staring at me all this all this time, now I really feel silly. Thanks again John1!!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the stars you are seening a doubled die. On the letter 'S' on States in the mid area, you can see Machine Doubling. So both can happen on a coin. Knowing which is which is the important part. Often on the lower devices we will also see Machine Doubling on them as well.

It can be strong or mild.

Machine Doubling is a reduction of the devices on the coin. A doubled die has the spread on the die. But both can exist when the machine is loose. Thus other areas might also show MD.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop
Your images are very helpful in explaining Machine Doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it is a subject is the hardest for new ones to figure out. Why not make it easier to see what is going on?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7570 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please make it a habit to always, always show us photos of the entire coin, both sides, so we have a broader idea what's going on with your coin. Perhaps we can see something you have overlooked.
ça va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: