Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1937 Buffalo Nickel - Your Thoughts On Grade Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 264Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  11:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I may have paid a few dollars over value but I liked what looks like flawless surfaces.
I realize it's a fairly common date.
Thanks in advance for your grading.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16191 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah nice coin but what is with those blue areas ? MS-63-64 .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62916 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-65, perhaps even better.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3254 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am at 64/65. The seller has quality photos and a large following, and often the nice examples sell for a strong price at auction.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3305 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just makes MS65 IMO. My only pause is the spot on the back of the neck and small spots in the fields below the feather. Removed verdigris? Some strike weakness noticeable at the usual high points, as well as die polishing in the usual spots to removing clashes below the chin, feathers, and reverse fields. Decent amount of polishing on the rear leg. MDS-LMDS? Fortcollins? Bueller?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Ty2020b..yeah I now see that spot on the neck. Maybe nothing I hope. I should have it in hand in about 3 days.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6129 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. 64, maybe 65 in my eyes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1728 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say MS65. Nice coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10904 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
literally thousands of 37's grade MS65 and greater. might come in on the lower end. MS65
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
re: T-BOP I think the blue tinge is from the camera. I see it on quite a few of this seller's photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22900 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice MS-65.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the seller vette1986? I can tell by his pics usually.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
492 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnjkedel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes JP - that is the seller. I have had mixed experiences with this seller's items but most of them ok.
I did receive the coin in the mail. It looks like his photos are reasonably accurate. I think that it is most likely an MS-64..... maybe a 65
Thanks all for your input.
Edited by johnjkedel
10/23/2021 6:05 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 264Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: