Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Prettiest Proof I Ever Saw, And I Got A Full Roll! Thoughts On It? (1963 Cent)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 368Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  7:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LeoS to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1963 Proof. Pictures don't do them justice. I bought a huge box of wheaties, including about 30 1909 vdb (no S).

They have been sitting for about a year, I sorted a lot but there was a bunch I hadn't touched.

Then today, came across a roll in clear tube that said Proof on it.

Questions:
1. Leave in tube or put in 2x2s?
2. Worth sending for grading/slabbing?
3. Good value?

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Proofs in a tube have almost certainly acquired a few contact marks, hence at the very best would be a lower grade of proof. So At least put them in 2x2s to prevent further damage.
Learn More...
United States
21325 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with 2x2s, but would add for you to wear cotton inspection gloves and avoid breathing on them as you don't want any saliva droplets on those nice shiny surfaces.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16144 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse is a beauty but obverse looks like it has a lot of field contact specks . I never did like proofs in a tube for this reason . Still nice pick up on that box of wheaties .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
7529 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you sent these in for grading, you would end up way in the hole. Do the homework on prices for grading vs. what the value of one of these is.

Slabbing is not the automatic thing to do with every good looking coin. After checking prices and value you will see its not worth your money to slab things worth less than $100-150.00.

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62662 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A deep hole indeed.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LeoS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great input, thanks. I will put in 2x2s. Seems like only worth $1 or so each and not worth slabbing. As always, great advice, much appreciated!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17235 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with others.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Put them in a 2x2 don't send in.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 368Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: