Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1880-S $1 Morgan Dollar #5

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 461Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  2:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$55. Thoughts? Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics too dark to see surface details clearly.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3634 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say MS-63
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly no better. @ns, why do you bother with dime-a-dozen coins like these?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel like I've answered this same question multiple times for you. The same reason why I eat baloney sandwiches once in a while. I love them. I love morgans and I love U.S. coins in general. They don't have to be exhorbitantly expensive for me to like them. This particular coin looks to have clean mirror-like fields.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's certainly not clear in these pics, I'm sure you would agree.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clear enough for me to make the decision to buy this coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its hard to say maybe MS-61 or 62 based on the cheek?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The appeal of this raw example from these pics is beyond me.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/20/2021 10:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63 tops for me. I think the mirrored effect is the angle and lighting. May be shot through plastic. Maybe semi PL, if that, thought to judge with these pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK back to the old NS and Cfrog banter...

I can see the mirrored fields in the 1st photo, cheek area and bad photos puts me in at 62 maybe 63
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  03:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look forward to the banter
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10907 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
strike is correct for this year. obverse photo is a little out of focus making it a little difficult to determine surface preservation. the cheek on this one could be clean with only rub or could have enough marks/scuffs to effect the grade several points. this is also true of the field in front of the profile. there also may be some marks to the left of the eagle on the field. this will be one that I would like to see updated photos when received. could be anywhere between MS63 and MS64

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add leftcoastcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reverse fields are nice but that cheek scrape kills it for me. MS63
Pillar of the Community
United States
8471 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This came in. Thoughts? Thanks!

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 461Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: