Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1871 Indian Head Cent - Shallow N Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 319Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  3:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A new pickup to add to the stack of 1871 Shallow Ns I have going. This is one of the nicer ones Ive been able to find recently. Very tough variety!

What do you grade?

Pillar of the Community
United States
5288 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin! A tough variety I agree. Looking XF-40/45 to me but I'm not the greatest grader out there.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Edited by CoinHunter27
10/20/2021 4:12 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62899 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-50/53. Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to have about 20 of these at one time but and down to 5. Yours looks like the S4 variety which is the scarcer of the 2. If sent out would come back at least AU50. AU53 max. Great looking coin! Did you buy it already attributed?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62899 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not really a scarce coin until you get to MS-65RB or better.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3304 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did find this unattributed. It was living in Germany, and found its way home last week.

I have owned many of these (including the sole MS65RD PCGS) over the years. The MS65RD was not full Red either. It was RB, no doubt.

How long did it take to acquire 20 of these?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10899 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58
Pillar of the Community
United States
8458 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22900 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice chocolate AU-55.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2093 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did find this unattributed. It was living in Germany, and found its way home last week.

I have owned many of these (including the sole MS65RD PCGS) over the years. The MS65RD was not full Red either. It was RB, no doubt.

How long did it take to acquire 20 of these?

With Ebay and coin shows about 7 years. On eBay another buyer was doing the same thing. We would take turns trying to buy them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53 very nice.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 319Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: