Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strategy For Submitting Coins That You Are Unsure Of? Thoughts On This

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 217Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
151 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  08:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have thought about this (then followed thru) and will try this again in the future. I have submitted coins to ICG to determine if they are cleaned or damaged when it's not obvious to me. At 12 dollars a pop I have either learning material or a coin I can resubmit to PCGS provided the coin is worth this amount of money. I realize there is no guarantee that PCGS will see the coin the same way but for the most part I think ICG will see cleaned damaged or altered coins. Grades of course will probably change from one to the other, but I have no clue how much. Thoughts or experiences with ICG?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12534 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ICG is probably the number 4 ranked TPG and is only one of 4
graders whose grades are accepted to be listed by eBay.
I'm sure though that as any grader, people will have good and bad things to say about there grading.

Correct typo
Edited by JimmyD
10/21/2021 09:07 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19252 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of collectors reason that as a general rule of thumb, if the graded coin has a potential value of
less than $150, grading shipping fees are not justified.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2181 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t360 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why not post them here for grading?
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/Why not post them here for grading?]

I have been doing that but can't seem to get clear accurate pictures. However I will try to do that right now. thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: