Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1939 Jefferson Nickel S/S South Or Just Late Die Stage?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 180Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:08 am Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's pretty worn and dinged so it may be nothing. Thanks Much.

Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is only one listing that year and it not this one.
http://www.varietyvista.com/05%20JN...9SRPM001.htm
Note the extra size of this mintmark?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking at Wexler's and was thinking it could be a later die state or not listed.
Edited by VestigeWolf
10/21/2021 11:38 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The location of the mintmark is hard to determine on the image on that site:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop. I agree, hench my questioning. I will set it aside for now.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54647 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All benefit. What have your learned today. How did I help you today. I made side by sides to help you to see how, you can create these from images. To see the slight/no differences. Mintmark locations are important and spread directions. (keep in mind that coin wear flows to the direction of the close rim on dies) Its all good. The more you know, the better I did my job.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You do a great job Coop! As always! I use your extended blog and images often. Do you think it would be worth sending to Wexler for examination?
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 180Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: