Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1920 S Buffalo Nickel Two Feather?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 509Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:07 pm Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So do I have a 3rd Two Feather in my herd? Looks pretty good from what I see in Pope's book. Only a AG or Low G in grade, but maybe it was part of an eBay lot for $17.50 total. Maybe will recoup some of the cost when I resell the others.

That would be three to nil to you Ty2020b.

http://goccf.com/t/408132

Pillar of the Community
United States
888 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Id say that looks good to me being a two feather, and I am still looking for a specimen for my collection yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a 2F to me! Congrats!

Oh I didn't know we were keeping score Ive been on the hunt nightly actually, I've got 10 knocked out so far .

Im actually still kicking myself from an ended auction last night and was hoping it was you that snaked it from me. Missed out on a poorly imaged 15-D!!! (Looked very promising!) Was at $23 with only one bid with seconds left, I sniped in at $75 thinking I was overbidding and was outbid! Should have bid double that somebody else caught it too obviously as the coin was probably a F15.
Edited by Ty2020b
10/22/2021 08:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both. Ty2020b, they don't count til you post them. I'll have to up my game. LOL. Wasn't me on the 1915-D. I have a spousal limit on how much I can bid. LOL.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Touché! I'll snap an album pic when I have a chance.

Well that's even worse, was hoping you snagged it and it went to a good home lol.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good to me!

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20479 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I had one.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the nice comments.

Coinfrog, it's sheldius - pillar of the community. I know I don't post in classic much but you see me all the time in moderns. No worries.
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrWhatisit & Just carl - Ty2020b and I are just searching for Buffalo nickels on ebay that aren't listed as two feathers but clearly are those. Usually in lots of multiple coins. They exist if you have the time, and most under $20.
Join the race, and fill this page up for a time with saved Two Feathers.
Edited by sheldius
10/23/2021 10:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3984 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having long collected Buff's, my favorite coin design, I used to look for these varieties. There was a dealer who used to peddle them, asking what I thought were high prices. So, I offered him a group to buy at about a fifth of his asking price .... no sale. That told me there was hardly any market for these. It seems that missing legs are far more popular than missing feathers!

Finding higher grade two-feather coins is challenging.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5305 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one Sheldius! Sometimes these two feathers come up in higher grades too. They are fun to pick out and having a page or two of them in the binder would look pretty good!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coinhunter27. That's the idea, to have a whole sheet in my varieties folder without paying the "going rate". I agree ExoGuy that this is a small market, and probably only registry grades sell well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
888 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kinda should look at all my buffalos to see if I have any hiding 2 feathered friends .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1975 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I began an interest in these two-feathers after getting the Die Abrasion book from @Ty2020b (thanks again!!!)

To date, I've found just a few of them, along with a few 2 1/2 feather versions. The 2Fs are:

1917S
1918S
1919P
1921P

I also list a 1929D, but don't see a '29D listed in the Ron Pope book or on PCGS price guide - perhaps I should look at it under the scope, but I don't see the third feather with the loop. There is some toning that may be hiding the feather

I make a point to spend my time at the dealer binders and Buff boxes at every show now.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3314 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bump111, glad you're getting some great use out of the book, it's a must have! Congrats on the 2 feather acquisitions!
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You definitely should mrwhatsit. You should post pictures Bump111 - I'm going to a show in 2 days and plan to look at any buffaloes I find on the tables.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 509Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: