Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021-D Lincoln Shield Cent Possible DDR?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 651Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I figured a little better setup for Close ups I'll get better images of the die crack along the shield posted up after work
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the photos!
Shield die crack ends above the U

No die crack on E

No die crack on skull

Less blurry images

This last one I put up has me stumped was this my loupe and phone doing some weird shenanigans while I was focusing on the doubling? Or is that what It actually looks like if it were to be properly photo'd Genuinely asking for help..
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also like to note if I hadn't said before the area in question is strong enough that the three doubled spots can actually be seen with the naked eye.. No way in great detail without a loupe however they do stand out enough that tilting the coin in light will show the doubling well enough to would make you grab your loupe to double check you are seeing it correctly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right, die crack is definitely not a match. It's a different die.

Quote:
This last one I put up has me stumped was this my loupe and phone doing some weird shenanigans while I was focusing on the doubling? Or is that what It actually looks like if it were to be properly photo'd Genuinely asking for help.

I think what you're getting there is the reflection of the stripes on the very edge of the banner.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was able to personally find an example of the one listed on variety vista to compare and it would seem the one you imaged and the one listen on their site have about the same spread.The coin this post is on is actually more visible doubled wise than both examples shown so far. I have 1 more different DDR with even stronger doubling(still not major but not small by any means either) I'm waiting for a response back on it for attribution right now. Just thought I'd share
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Decaf94drew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the plot thickens just found the DDR Tanman2001 imaged and there are bigger DDRs out there this year... I might post images of the varieties I have after I decide what to do with them if anyone even cares
Edited by Decaf94drew
10/26/2021 01:53 am
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
angle of the camera, light reflection obscures it giving you an impression of there is doubling!?. If there is anything, tiny die crack, No doubling!.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 651Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: