Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help With This Coin (Id: 18th Century France 12 Deniers)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 221Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  2:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add kcole89 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am unsure where this coin comes from. Need some help identifying it.

Valued Member
Lebanon
362 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a french coin I can recognize the portrait of Louis XVI the king of France in the second pic .
Edited by chronos
10/23/2021 2:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1413 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link to Numista's section for French coins under Louis XVI https://en.numista.com/catalogue/in...=&c=&wi=&sw=. I can't tell the denomination form the coins since it's so worn, but if you match the diameter and weight to the coins in the Nunista list, you should have your coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
857 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to Coin Community!

You have a coin from the French Revolution: 12 deniers, minted in Rouen 1791-93. Here is the Numista link: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4007.html
Learn More...
United States
21350 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great teamwork on determining the identification of this one!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19250 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On one hand,
not worth very much due to the worn condition, but
on the other hand,
in 50 years of collecting, I have yet to see in hand an example in EF or better condition.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: