Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2 Part Question On Varieties Actually

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 221Next Topic  

31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this what I'm looking for when searching for D\D 1943 coin?

Second question is this a DDO maybe?

Edited by Spencerj72
10/24/2021 5:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4144 Posts
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i thought that also Dearborn but come to find out its the top of another 3 coming into the mid section
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
notice how the lower bar of what would be a 2 goes sharply in a downward angle
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I feel fairly sure it will be classified as the D/D jjust wanted some opinions on it
Pillar of the Community
United States
4144 Posts
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok DearBorn now check out the 3 I just posted in response
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
biggest difference from the go is the curve is way to open
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
like I said what u are seeing is the upper curve going into the midsection making it seem like the lower bar of a 2
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
matter of fact look at the 3 on the steel and the 3 going through it
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and I like the Franklin my favorite is "lost time is never found again" LOL that is unless your looking for the year 1943 in the Bronze Age
Pillar of the Community
United States
4144 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, if you feel that strongly about you having an extremely rare 1943-D copper cent, I would suggest that you send it in to be graded. And if you do, please make sure you post up the results here in the forum so I can have a look at the slab.
I for one have never seen a 1943-D copper cent. I look forward to seeing to the results if you do send it in.

In the meantime, here is a good read for you.
https://coinweek.com/us-coins/every...opper-penny/
31 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it will be heading out tomorrow and I will post when it returns but keep in mind I only asked about the D/D not if anyone could believe I had a 1943 as it is I leave u with another of my favorite Franklin sayings " Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment"
Pillar of the Community
United States
759 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty clearly a 1942 to me, let us know how it comes back.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54594 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: