Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

64 Washington Quarter Opinions DDR Maybe?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 319Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  9:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, been busy as can be but I've had a few minutes to look at some more of my dads collection. Found this among some other pre 65 quarters i`m trying to go through. Could this be a DDR in USA and quarter dollar or am I too hopeful? Or is it mech doubling? If I need more/better pics say so cause mine are not great sorry. Thx

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41994 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you try and find an attribution number? I think we will need good in focus close ups to help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I shall do it
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The images are not close enough to see either way. Here is what to look for on DDR for that year from the Variety Vista Site:
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...s%201964.htm
If you are seeing something like this:

Then that is Machine Doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well here`s some others. I thought maybe fs-801 but coop your pics look like them pretty much. Maybe? But if not, it`s still the first doubling of any kind iv`e found. Woohoo

Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are much better pictures for sure, very clear. You have Machine Doubling on the reverse of your coin. It is very apparent in the M and R of AMERICA and all of QUARTER. Your doubling is not worth anything. It is flat and shelflike unlike a true doubled die. Sorry.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7581 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Machine Doubling not a DDR, sorry
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
4268 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bumpkin is correct yet again! MD is what you have there, Thanks for the close up pictures, they are great. But they only reveal the Machine Doubling all that much more. Keep looking I'm sure you will find your special doubled coin.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey thx guys appreciate it. I'm not in it for the money per se, but I have an error. Woo Hoo. That makes me happy. I'll be back with more, I've got pics I need to submit. See y'all soon.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  9:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were a DDR, the devices would be enlarged:

Note the spread is in the centers of the devices. Not on the outside edges of the devices. (that is where you find Machine Doubling) So looking there is a waste of time.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/25/2021 9:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7581 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not in it for the money per se, but I have an error. Woo Hoo

Hate to break it to you, but here with this coin you do NOT have an error. A coin with Machine Doubling (like yours) is considered a "die event" which is classified as neither a variety nor an error. Machine Doubling is fairly common and does not bring a premium evaluation, I am very sorry. The value of your coin is as silver bullion.
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41994 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  04:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many forms of doubling to learn,here is a site you need to bookmark:https://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles...Doubling.htm click on their thumbnails to see larger pics.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O no merclover I'm sad. But thx for keeping me straight. And it's still silver though. Man with doubling there's so much to it. I've got it bookmarked john1 thx. Such a wealth of knowledge here from everyone. I'll be back.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the sure ways I can determine double vs Machine Doubling is to look at the top of your "A"s, if they have two points then DDO if not Machine Doubling. Coops "A""s have two points at the top. Sometimes it would be the bottom or top point of the "R" that would have two points that can help identify DD.
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx 3193zd, I now look for the split Sarrifs. Sending another 64 up for everyone's pervue.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 319Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: