Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade This 1912 Lincoln,

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  10:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have this graded with a different TPG and want to crossover. First give the grade and tell me if you think it's original. I will post grade tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
883 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wanna stab at MS-65 with possible spotting but with natural surfaces.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16192 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow , is that a 1912 BIE ? MS-62 .Looks like he was shot in head multiple times with a BB Gun .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63, unsure of color designation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1975 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Questionable authenticity. Could be multiple unfiltered light sources, but the rims look too wide, the date and Liberty look odd and Mr. Lincoln looks especially hairy.

Edit: Then again, I've never seen a 1912 from fresh dies, so...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Edited by Bump111
10/25/2021 1:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/I'll say MS-63, unsure of color designation.]

The color is full red. The spots developed over 20 years in a dansco album. It was graded by a lower tier TPG. I think NNC or someone like that, not PCI, ICG OR ANACS. The spots will probably keep it at the current grade (if it crosses at all to PCGS) I hope but as I learned over the last two years, this coin should have been at 1 point higher in my opinion. If not for a bad picture the color is spot on as far as I can tell
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/Wow , is that a 1912 BIE ? MS-62 .Looks like he was shot in head multiple times with a BB Gun .]

Hey T-BOP, I have learned that you and coinfrog know your stuff and I listen! Should I try to get PCGS TO conserve this coin and would it help?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17243 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, very nice coin!

63RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
images are not sharp, which could be hiding dings, so I'll estimate MS62
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Should I leave this alone . do you guys think it will cross? Should I ask PCGS for restoration and cross if that's even possible. Although the picture is not great, you can see that the coin is not as ugly as the blown up version.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics would help, but I'm tempted to say leave well enough alone. We're not talking about a lot of money here.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10904 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
had this one at MS63RD
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
63rd
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/had this one at MS63RD]

[/63rd]

[/Better pics would help, but I'm tempted to say leave well enough alone. We're not talking about a lot of money here.]

I always hope you three guys or gals along with 8 or 10 other members post your opinions, I have learned quickly and recognized the names to know you guys know what you are talking about.

Now if I could learn how to post better pictures and grade better. If any member thinks this coin is questionable color please let me know what you think! Much appreciated.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: