Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

These Came Back Cleaned (1942 Walking Liberty & 1924 Peace Dollar).do You Agree?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 526Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a "mechanical error"? Code 91 is questionable color and 92 is cleaned. What's that crack down the middle of Liberty's head on the 1924?
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I see is two eye appealing coins that I would be happy to have in a collection. I agree, if the slab label says "details", I would crack them back out and keep them raw. Sometimes it is a shame to waste your money with TPG not to mention the disappointment when they assign such a grade or designation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3255 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Walker has been cleaned. There are hairlines on obverse around the R,T,Y and the L, I in Liberty. The sun is showing hairlines. That is a tough grade on the Peace dollar with the amazing toning. Check the area around the date and above trust on the Peace dollar under magnification. There are some hairlines above trust, but do not appear enough to give a details grade.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
500 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks fine to me--i see no signs of cleaning--
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10912 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trueview is almost worthless to grade from. hopefully you took some shots before you sent them off. thats where the real surface will be displayed
Pillar of the Community
United States
1042 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe take a few other pics once you get the coins back
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 526Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: