Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1827 Large Cent For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 244Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2721 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
few stains on her but overall not too bad. I think she has vf-20 meat on her. What say you?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62720 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll Say VG-10, but possibly a details coin because of the ED.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/25/2021 5:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2721 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you need to look at what vg-10 graded coronets look like. This one has way more details than a vg-10
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62720 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High F15
Pillar of the Community
United States
8384 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vf20 sounds right. Reverse is better than obverse. Like the struck up stars in obverse. Scratches in front of obverse bust detract a little but don't think it details it. Good reverse wreath and great overall surface quality. Reverse discoloration a little distracting. Nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3261 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62720 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flat face, no hair detail above Liberty, and you guys are calling this VF? C'mon.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10862 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F15 I'm betting this one would not grade straight
Pillar of the Community
United States
787 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at F15.

Her face and hair are very flat and I can't tell if its strike or wear.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: