Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Morgan CC, Should I Be Excited Or Mad, Something Is Definitely Wrong

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,280Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody is saying 2021 Morgan/Peace are as good as orignals. Novelty to some. To others, collectable coins visually historically connected to originals, glad I got them with profit potential. The Mint said these were to recognize the 100th anniversary so they are more commemorative than anything else IMO. I have no problem with that. They were quick sell outs and very popular. I think good for the hobby.
Edited by livingwater
10/27/2021 08:32 am
Learn More...
United States
106572 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nobody is saying 2021 Morgan/Peace are as good as orignals.
I have three Morgan dollars and two Peace dollars in my collection. The Morgan Privy O I got yesterday, being mint state, is as good as the originals I have, if not better. But that is just my situation. I am sure those who have much better looking classic examples in their possession will disagree.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10063 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
"The bearded lady Morgan"

That one is all ready taken....http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.c...78-P_VAM-41C
1883-O Nut
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol, I guess I'll have to come up with something else. It's more of a sideburns or chin strap. Or a old Bluetooth earpiece.
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That sucks.

Quote:
I would give it an acetone rinse. Hopefully as said it is just some grease.

Quote:
Make absolutely certain that they will exchange it for another one before you send it back. If there are no replacements available, you'll end up with a refund and NO coin!

In this case, an imperfect coin is better than NO coin .. in my opinion!

I get my 2 CC's today. Now I am curious if I will have the same issues as others
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My Morgan S looks nearly flawless to my untrained eye w/magnify glass, but my CC actually has a minor nick line that falls on her cheek within OP's pictured damage area, and even in the same direction. And then another tiny nick up higher between ear and eye. However overall it looks very good, nothing like OP's photo in reality.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 24KTXDarling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aww... I'm so sorry. That must feel devastating. I would be very upset because when you call them they say "sorry we don't have replacements"

This is why I buy more than I want so that I can anticipate for this.

I made the mistake of only buying 2 of the AS Eagles & both were messed up. I was super upset.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think at some point they will be a must have . Years from now I can see collectors wanting them if they are collecting Morgan sets
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No issues with my CC/O/D/S
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try an acetone bath. If it were me I would return it for another coin. If they don't have any that's your choice if you want your money back or the damaged coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Sorry The Mint's quality is Another poor topic. IMO, You will NOT be offered another coin, Take what jbuck suggested and do it !!!! Dip the coin in Acetone !!!!!! I would Never normally suggest that, However Knowing the mintage and the Sold out story, Try It !!!
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 24KTXDarling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally had a chance to inspect mine. My CC has damage at the rim. These new capsules are squeaky and feel they are a different quality. I recall the cap being off. It must have gotten scratched somewhere along the way.

At this point I'm stuck with selling it on ebay or keeping it like that. It's a real shame I am starting to resent the mint.

I would never send something out like this to anyone. Those people need an eye exam test and if they fail they should be fired.

This is unacceptable.

Edited by 24KTXDarling
11/01/2021 10:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At this point I'm stuck with selling it on ebay or keeping it like that. It's a real shame I am starting to resent the mint.

Feel your frustration. I had the exact same issue with one of the v75 ASE's. Ended up listing as damaged/defective on Ebay and still sold within 2 hours. I'm sure yours would too if you decide to go that route.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1572 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The burnished look on the 2021 Morgans just looks odd. I'd rather own a nice GSA CC coin.

The 2021 Peace is actually a nicer rendition of the original design. The 1921's usually had metal flow problems in the center of the coin and the low relief of 1922-1935 did not do the design justice.

The 2021 Peace dollar is a beautiful coin. I hope they mint a 2022 Peace dollar.
Edited by DoubleEagle20
11/01/2021 11:30 pm
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bubbachismo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update

Well I did try the acetone bath and a good distilled water rinse after. Absolutely no change. I did some more microscope #128300; investigation and the dark coloring is definitely part of the silver composition. The die strike is good the coin is probably a 70 but whatever silver they are buying is dirty. I have to say as bummed as I was at first I think I actually like the coin now. It has real character and is certainly one of a kind. What or how it happened remains a mystery but I get to be the one to show and share it and for that I am happy.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,280Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: