Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

An 1864 Two Cent Piece With A Patent Medicine Counterstamp .

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 504Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
645 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This would appear to be his headstone in the Exeter NH cemetery.

It's strange that his grave stone doesn't show his date of birth, but does mention that he lived for 67 years, 6 months and 2 days. From that information, I guess a mathematician could figure out his date of birth by counting backward -- including leap year days of course.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's strange that his grave stone doesn't show his date of birth, but does mention that he lived for 67 years, 6 months and 2 days. From that information, I guess a mathematician could figure out his date of birth by counting backward
Maybe they wanted visitors to exercise their grey matter?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3984 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ kbbpll .... Thanks for the headstone. I've often included pics of them in my c/s articles. I hadn't yet gotten around to looking for Goodwin's. His G.G.G. & G.G.G.G. which I have on a variety of host coins will be the subject of my next post. Stay tuned!

BTW, kbbpll, you seem to have the making of a diehard c/s collector, like CaptainRich & me.

Quote:
Maybe they wanted visitors to exercise their grey matter?

Hey jbuck .... Do you stay a-WAKE at night, thinking uo comments like this?
Edited by ExoGuy
10/28/2021 2:32 pm
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hey jbuck .... Do you stay a-WAKE at night, thinking uo comments like this?

I will be here all week!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1996 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea if that's the same Charles H. Goodwin as the counterstamp but Exeter and the timing lines up. It actually says 67 years, 5 months and 2 days. The math is wrong then for that birth date May 15 1829. Adding 67 years gives you May 15, 1896, but from there adding 5 months would be October 15, then plus 2 days October 17, 1896. I can't figure a way to get Nov 2 1896 out of that. Does it matter? No. I just like digging into this stuff when I'm bored, which is a lot.

Quote:
I will be here all week!
Don't forget to tip your servers.
Edited by kbbpll
10/28/2021 3:25 pm
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Don't forget to tip your servers.
We need to keep our servers level or they will leak data.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8459 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is such a great thread.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 504Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: