Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1941 LWC DDO Error Maybe?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 200Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
52 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  04:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Datguyy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I would like a couple of educated opinion about this coin

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41993 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like MD to me. Also,wayyyyy toooo many photos and close ups are too close. What attribution number do you think it might be if it was a doubled die and from what reference site?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Datguyy77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1 ddo-002 variety vista. It even has the die crack in the right side leaf
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with John that the obverse appears to be MD. The secondary numbers and MM aren't rounded on the tops but are flat like a shelf.

Also, something to keep in mind is that when the MM and the date show a secondary image going in the same general direction, it will usually be MD.

The north/south lines on the reverse are feeder finger scrapes. Yours are pretty strong and are interesting but don't recally carry any premium.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Learn More...
United States
21437 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that the doubling is MD and there is evidence of Feeder Finger Damage on the rev. Both of these happened at the mint, but unfortunately neither add to the value of the coin. Still, it is a good example of these and a branch mint Wheat cent, so worth saving.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
5947 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with the observations above. I've this form of Feeder Finger Damage on '41 S cents in the past. Nice example.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41993 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, something to keep in mind is that when the MM and the date show a secondary image going in the same general direction, it will usually be MD.

That is true on 1989 and older coins. It is the opposite on 1990 and newer coins.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 200Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: