Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eisenhower Dollar 1972 D DDR Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  7:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rbaum82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I was trying out my new microscope on my Ike collection and found these interesting examples. I am curious of the communities thoughts.

Pillar of the Community
United States
865 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely Machine Doubling here, and as far as I know, I don't know of any DDR's, but you can check Varietyvista website to see what they have.
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rbaum82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
Thank you for sharing the info. I definitely need to become more familiar with recognizing a Machine Doubling vs a die doubling.

-Robert
Pillar of the Community
United States
4193 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7558 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with mrwhatisit, classic Machine Doubling.

Please always show us the entire coin, both sides. Thanks
ça va bien aller

Edited by merclover
10/26/2021 11:07 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41950 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with MD. Here is a site you need to bookmark https://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles...Doubling.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The microscope images look good! I agree, MD, but a good example to keep to show what is not DD.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 204Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: