Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1948 Lincoln Cents Error Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 263Next Topic  

Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lenzos 57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi every one after many attempt I hope that this Time is the good one
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62941 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What error are you seeing?

to the CFF!
Learn More...
United States
21428 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@lenz, first welcome to CCF. Second, can you please describe what sorts of error you are seeing on this coin with it in hand? For example, do you suspect a DDR?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lenzos 57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First Time that I post I said that the e of one is smaller and not blunt but pointed and I would like to know if its normal or if its a error? Variety ? I dont know
Pillar of the Community
United States
4254 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The shape of the E is normal, but that being said, it looks like the top bar is a bit flattened or maybe took a hit and rounded the end off a bit.
Learn More...
United States
21428 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah ok yes. Best practice is to not open multiple threads for a single coin, but not a problem as I just locked that other one.

With regard to the shape of the letter E in ONE, have you compared this to other wheat cents either in your collection or on the internet? What I'm seeing looks pretty normal on yours, with the middle crossbar being the shortest, then the top, and the bottom crossbar being the longest. You might have a slight circulation ding on the top cross bar of your coin. You would be able to post a crisper image if you took the coin out of the 2x2 for picture-taking.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
7575 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please please please always show us the entire coin, both sides, with the best images you can. And as Spence asked, please always remove your coin from your holder. Thanks.

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54651 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me it looks like circulation flattening from the image provided. On Variety vista they only show one DDO:
http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...8PDDR001.htm
Wexler also only lists one DDR:
http://doubleddie.com/805223.html
But the biggest clues would be the dots on the EPU. Note the differences on the attributed dies on both sites. Not how the devices are enlarged? Images like that show the exact devices would be more helpful to see the differences from you coin to the images on these sites.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/27/2021 12:42 pm
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lenzos 57 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 263Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: