Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 Lincoln Memorial Cent Doubled Die - DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 181Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3962 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:21 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
More awful pics. I'll wait until I get my camera tomorrow for any more posts as this isn't working out. At least the two I tried are quite minor things.

This is a reminder that there are quite a number of DDR coins from 1984, and you just have to look one place. Look for a thicker base of the right leg of the R in AMERICA. Usually with the right light angle you will see a bit of a notch. But be warned, they all look alike, and at least 8 are known, so you will need a die marker to attribute the coin. This coin has no matching markers, so it's just a random DDR without a home.

1984 Lincoln Memorial cent doubled die - DDR

Pillar of the Community
United States
3092 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These always throw me off.

The lighting on my microscope isn't quality, so I'm constantly facing issues with identifying DDRs such as these.

I remember awhile back it seemed that I actually found some pretty severe DDRs on some of the 1980s reverses, like 1986. Even Mike Diamond thought it possibly was a new listing. But when I sent it to Wexler, it was revealed to be a trick of the lighting.

I really need a new microscope.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 181Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: