Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Morgans Defects/Damage Found

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,285Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell it to Pinehurst for $160.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least fared better than this guy
Yikes! He got two O instead of the O and CC he ordered. Added salt in the wound is one O was badly damaged.
Pillar of the Community
United States
998 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check omxfl's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add omxfl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sell it to Pinehurst for $160.

They only offer $100 now:
https://usmint.pinehurstcoins.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
621 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BamaBlue to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yikes! He got two O instead of the O and CC he ordered. Added salt in the wound is one O was badly damaged.

I've found it VERY easy to confuse the CC and O privy markings. They look identical to me with with an eyeball review... I thought the same thing until I put the coin under magnification.
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RE Pinehurst
Interesting and why would anyone sell their ASE-W Uncirc for $60 when bought for $67......
Edited by Eagle4Life
10/28/2021 1:31 pm
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, glad I made a separate order for each coin type.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've found it VERY easy to confuse the CC and O privy markings. They look identical to me with with an eyeball review... I thought the same thing until I put the coin under magnification.
In his case, both OGP saying they contained NOLA coins was the first thing that caught his eye.

That being said, while I do not have a CC to compare, I take your word for potential confusion. My Privy O mark is really difficult to see without magnification.
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If these 2021's are as bad as everyone is saying, I SHOULD have sold my CC on Ebay as I seem to have received mine before many of you, and way before people on Ebay. Could have snagged around $240 for it! Now I bet those price levels will begin to go way down as coins get into people's hands.

This is why I always preferred stamps...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The advertised finish, Uncirculated. The Luster the same as the Original MORGANS, No Way. Do they look good, NO, They IMO Look Great, with coin in hand !!!. Not like the poor photo's seen on this site, Happily !!!! Not as much details as I expected, Poorly set up Phone-Ordering and Website Failures, Very Rushed products,Poor turn-over time, 60 days!! Cheaper Packaging, Problems related to mail, led to poor Quality,H as I see from damaged and Poorly packaged products.Overall, I am Very Pleased with the releases so far......

These coins exhibit a " look " all their own, Clean UNC finish along with A Beautiful Struck Design, tHEN THERE IS The Peace dollar , Very Sweet Struck Coins! Those who were and are going to be fortunate enough to get Expected problem-free coins, Enjoy !!! To those who received damaged 100th Anniversary coins, Not as Expected, I am Sorry Too.
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaberwoke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, another disappointment. Got my 3 Peace today and like the D's I received, one is not quite what I expected. Other two are fine.

Here's what I got:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks struck through sand/grit to me.
Valued Member
United States
498 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You wonder how coins that bad make it out of the mint. Here is one I recently received out of the Limited Edition Silver Proof Set. All of the other coins in the set are in perfect condition.

Obverse - brown spots, Z scratch on Cheek.

Reverse - brown spots, cracked capsule, with what looks like a chunk of another capsule within the cracked capsule?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine are expected to arrive Tuesday, I was filled with excitement but now after reading and seeing some of the "troubled" coins I don't know how to feel....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The debris in the capsule is what cracked the capsule.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1122 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Summary of my morgans (only 3 of 9 "perfect"):
1P: small "bag mark" on cheek
2D: one has small scuff by date & small spot, one has small divot in field, small divot by eye and a tiny, tiny hairline scratch by eye
2S: one has a sort of clouding on cheek, one has divot by date
2O: both are "perfect" coins
2CC: one is perfect, one has a tiny scratch and some tiny black spotting on cheek
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 1,285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: