Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 S Morgan Fresh From The Fulfillment Center!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 3,809Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, It would take a movement I am Certain would help us All.....
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ThePennyHunter32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow. the mint should be ashamed
Valued Member
United States
444 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that is a struck through would it be a mint error and collectable?
Learn More...
United States
23224 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@liv, well maybe. I suspect most folks are buying these to get essentially perfect examples and so the various dots, bagmarks, etc. are kinda disappointing. For the OP's coin, the matching flat mark on the wing on the rev sure makes it seem like it must be damage on the cheek.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just asking a question if that the only one like that can it become a special coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3891 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it were mine, I would be on the fence to send it in and see what a TPG says
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse, the cheek could use a clearer picture I think it's either a planchet flaw, or a strikethrough of some sort from this picture, I dont' think it's simply damage, that's a monster contact mark if so.
then on the rim, first star after unum, what's that? looks like a bump, maybe the start of a tiny rim cud or something?

on the reverse side, the right hand side wing looks weak across from the head, also the right side of the breast feathers. I'd sit on this a bit, get some good pictures of the areas, try to figure it out, maybe weight it and see if it comes up short on weight because it shouldn't. kind of reminds me of a fissure/hole/notch something along these lines.

I'm not that familiar with these coins as they are new, but I wouldn't write it completely off just yet. there's a lot of "odd" going on here.

Maybe it's simply damage, but maybe not. Should be 0.858 troy oz.(26.68678 grams, round to 26.69g if you like) and be 1.500" (38.10 mm) diameter. there's not a whole lot of room for "play" with these planchets to be under or over weight by. it's my understanding they can weigh slightly more, but not less, and the planchet manufacturers aren't in the business of giving away much free silver either.

Heck can probably call it the "Marilyn Monroe Morgan" error and get 4x $85 for it from someone or more on Ebay Hahahaha.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
11/01/2021 2:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I would hold onto it. I think it could be struck through error. If you return it I understand you just get your money back not another coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting coin. I would have it graded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
546 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  04:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She reminds me of my 1921 Peace dollar I affectionately call "Scarface" because of the gash across her cheek.

Part of me would want to keep it for that sentiment, but part of me would also be absolutely livid at the mint opening the package and seeing that.

Is that something that can be taken to a coin show where the graders have a booth (too bad World's Fair of Money passed) and ask them if they would consider it a Mint error before submitting?
Edited by mrpapageorgio
11/06/2021 04:22 am
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  05:39 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments and replies everyone, I'm going to take the advise given here and send it in to a TPG and see what they say.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FlyingTiger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some Doctor put a hole in Johnny Cash's face that looked like that digging out a mole.Look at an old picture of him from back in the day.Jezzzzshh!
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  05:29 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It got to the TPG yesterday, any guesses as to what it will be?
Learn More...
United States
112162 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It got to the TPG yesterday, any guesses as to what it will be?
MS-70 because I want to be an optometrist optimist.

Kidding aside, I am sure they will nail it for the damage.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Check Chopped Triumphs's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Chopped Triumphs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Jbuck I meant what the damage or flaw is.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 65 / Views: 3,809Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: