Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982-D Small Date Zinc Check It Out. Mint Problems? Grade For Me If Possible.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 800Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
646 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  10:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The copper is only on the left side of the obverse but the reverse is fine. What do you guys think?
Edited by grospoisson
11/05/2021 12:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17868 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, if the pictures are accurate that's a beauty! Very minor bubbling, clean fields and devices, well struck STATES (a common area of weakness), clean rims and just a couple of minor ticks. Worthy of an airtite and call that one "done" in your collection!

66RD

You only have 6 more of the 82 varieties to go in that condition or better for a complete 82 set. With time and careful searching - high quality examples are still out there.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your coins. I've enjoyed seeing them.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
11/05/2021 10:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/Wow, if the pictures are accurate that's a beauty! Very minor bubbling, clean fields and devices, well struck STATES (a common area of weakness), clean rims and just a couple of minor ticks. Worthy of an airtite and call that one "done" in your collection!

66RD

You only have 6 more of the 82 varieties to go in that condition or better for a complete 82 set. With time and careful searching - high quality examples are still out there.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your coins. I've enjoyed seeing them. ]

Exactly what I did! Would PCGS grade this? By the way this would make the third on in the series, so only 4 more to go. I will post the 1982 SDC and hopefully you guys can weigh in.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17187 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with BadThad about the letters in States , your example is not weak at all . You mention Mint Problems ? Do you mean a problem with the Mint Mark ? If so , I don't see any problems with it . I'm all in for 66RD .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/I agree with BadThad about the letters in States , your example is not weak at all . You mention Mint Problems ? Do you mean a problem with the Mint Mark ? If so , I don't see any problems with it . I'm all in for 66RD . ]

I guess I was referring to only have the obverse being copper plated? I had quite a few in the roll with extreme bubbling and a few more only partially
copper coated. This coin was the most pronounced . A couple of the coins had coating missing in the middle. It doesn't appear that copper coat has bubbled off of flaked off. Has anyone seen one like this somewhere else?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess I was referring to only have the obverse being copper plated? I had quite a few in the roll with extreme bubbling and a few more only partially
copper coated. This coin was the most pronounced . A couple of the coins had coating missing in the middle. It doesn't appear that copper coat has bubbled off of flaked off. Has anyone seen one like this somewhere else?

Can you please elaborate on this? You had "coating missing in the middle"? By "coating" are you speaking of the copper plating? If it was missing, you'd see zinc. I'm not understanding you. "Bubbled off"? "Flaking off"? Can you show us examples, please?
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry for late pictures. Here are two more from roll. Almost identical but one has more bubbles.
I thought these bubbles from bad plating could flake off. In the original roll there were tiny flakes of copper all over the coins and I assumed they may have flaked off?
Edited by grospoisson
11/27/2021 10:26 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17868 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  02:28 am  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I thought these bubbles from bad plating could flake off. In the original roll there were tiny flakes of copper all over the coins and I assumed they may have flaked off?

The bubbles don't really flake off, they are generally well attached. The other two are more normal looking for the issue. These are tough coins to find without bubbles and spots.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11901 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS66RD
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We will get to know in about a month. I sent it to PCGS to see what they have to say about it. Could the attractiveness ( or so I think) offset the carbon spot or whatever that is. I like the coin. It grew on me
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 800Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: