Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lodz Ghetto Marks - Legitimate?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,813Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Elykius

Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
Australia
16 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ClusterCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The counterfeiters are getting better. Usually the '4' and '3' are quite bad on copies, but they've got them right here. Other details on the coins don't look quite right, especially on the second coin.

What does 'ineligible type' mean? Does NGC not grade these coins/tokens due to political correctness reasons? Or is this NGC's way of saying it's fake?
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ClusterCoin
NGC doesn't grade ghetto coins because they do not know how to recognize the forgery.
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2022  03:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
16 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2022  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ClusterCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
gumer, what makes you think it's a fake? Only reply in detail if you're comfortable, as counterfeiters may read this forum and try to improve their fraudulent product.

It does look quite different to the 20 Mark coin I saw here in Adelaide Australia (its been sold, so I don't have a photo of it). For me, one side looks unusually shiny while the other has corrosion on it that doesn't look like other coins from the era.
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2022  03:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ClusterCoin
This forgery was made in Poland several dozen years ago and is easy to recognize by the date digits.
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2022  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lever to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello gumer.

Is this one counterfeit?

Thank you.
Valued Member
Poland
64 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  06:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gumer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. Magnesium coin. It's genuine :)
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lever to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the prompt response!
Learn More...
United States
113422 Posts
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2022  02:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lever to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the welcome jbuck.

I have another one to ask you about gumer.

Is this one counterfeit?

Thank you.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lever to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another couple to ask you about gumer. I've been looking on ebay for a good deal on one non counterfeit one.

Thanks!
Valued Member
251 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grinya to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. What about thi one? Weight is 2.6 g

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,813Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: