Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Look At All This Copper From One $25 Box

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 551Next Topic  

United States
43 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I haven't started to go through it with a magnifier yet. But the last 3 boxes I have went through only had a handful of copper in. Check out this chunk of copper from one box. I just tried a new bank. I also got a handful of wheat cents one is a 1919 S that is in good shape. I wish all boxes where this good. #128517; tons of 50s 60s and 70s. Maybe I am to exited but I thought it was awesome.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16534 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A copper hoarders dream .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64439 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The possibility of making money by saving copper cents, after time and transportation costs are factored in, is virtually zero.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not hording just hoping to find some good errors and varieties.&
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64439 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good approach.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12071 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some pretty good Zincoln varieties out there, too.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, rainy day zincons lol. :)
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19360 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is possible that the coppers are all culls from another CRH'er.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2021  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not likely, I live way out in the country. They collect chickens and cows out here lol I will know tomorrow (: when I start going through them.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul.

And hoarding copper cents is okay. Keeps them from being illegally melted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2021  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul on the copper cents; that is cool that you found that many copper cents.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rural or not, takes only one local copper hoarder to flood a couple banks with dumps. Couple years ago hoarders were dumping thousands of pounds back into circulation due to the fact they had little interest from buyers.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have hardly went through them yet do to school events for my kids. But I definitely know they wouldn't throw back huge lamination errors, railroad rims, tilted coins, and huge die breaks. This is just dividing and sorting them I found these. I promise once I get a bit more time to post some pics I will. *family 1st always* :)
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2021  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I promise once I get a bit more time to post some pics I will. *family 1st always* :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to the posts. That's quite a nice haul of copper. Have fun.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LJ2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a few deaths in The family. I will be back soon guys. I still have several boxes of pennies to go through and so so many coppers to sort even 1903s I managed to get. Hopefully this weekend.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 551Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: