Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need A Good Reference For Identification Of All Fractional Gold

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 840Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
16427 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  11:08 pm Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Books, online, etc.
Thanks
swcoin.ecrater.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
8827 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One book I don't currently have in my library:
https://nnp.wustl.edu/library/ImageDetail/607991
You might try the ANA library if you are a member, they are back open and loaning books again via mail or in person.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7808 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was typing up the info on the Breen/Gillio book to post when I saw westcoin's response. Definitely worht checking out.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8827 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to grab Heritage Auction catalog #1323 also the Maurice Storck collection if you can't find it easily PM me as I have it and the PRL in PDF format. It was a sale of a lot of fractional gold coinage.

Better yet I see not many are photographed in the catalog. try this method:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/california...ption-071515

Make sure the tabs above in blue you select "this auction" and you should be able to go through the entire collection in order with photos. Lot #18459 was the first fraction gold piece up for sale in Maurice's collection and #18888 is the last piece. 429 pieces are in that sale and photographed in high resolution along with the ID#.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, Early American Coppers Member (EAC) #6202, Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), Conder Token Collector Club (CTCC), & Numismatic Bibliomania Society (NBS) Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
11/18/2021 6:39 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7808 Posts
 Posted 11/18/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also consider having a look at the auction catalog for The Jay Roe Collection (Bowers & Merena, September, 14 2003). 600+ lots of California Fractional Gold! It's available on-line via the Newman Numismatic Portal.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
11/18/2021 6:40 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 840Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: