Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bad News At The Bank Today.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 786Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2021  9:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add johnsolaris to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I went to my bank today & attempted to get some rolled coins. I was told that the only coins now that the bank gives out come from the Fed. NO circulated coins, only uncirculated from the Fed. The cashier was a little vague for the reasons for this did not have time to elaborate since it was 2 minutes till closing. I will have time to go by the bank on monday & I hope to talk to a mgr. anyone else have this problem ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42816 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a problem if you are looking for uncirculated rolls. Take advantage of it.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2730 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  05:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with John1.

It's nice to get the customer-wrapped rolls to search for older varieties but I like to augment with unc rolls as well, but no banks around here seem to get unc rolls.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4221 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though I think the cashier is pulling a fast one, (c'mon, the Fed lol), time for a new bank(s). There's plenty to choose from.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2715 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like circulated rolls more so this would have been a problem for me. Can't afford to hoard UNC rolls either. Spent my CRH money on an "accidental" four wheeler purchase and coin money is now real limited. You see I was riding by and something forced me to go ask a guy about a quad and I took it home the next day.
Edited by Oldfordman
11/21/2021 9:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love 4 wheelers; I have a 2002 Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4, and I usually ride it a lot. I can't afford to hang on to UNC rolls also. When I get newer rolls, I usually dump them back at the bank.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2715 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought a 94 Honda trx300. Ride my 13 foreman 500 4x4 a lot and sold my 14 250ex and my Polaris 90.
Pillar of the Community
United States
523 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very cool Oldfordman. I have been riding vehicles (go-karts, dirt bikes, etc) since I was young.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go after those 2021 Quarter errors. I can only get $50 in quarters once a month at my bank. No other coins available. Wish I could get whole boxes. Even the new boxes are sell for 30% over face value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6781 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't fuss about tellers. The ones I've built relationships with are pretty much straight shooters--even when official bank policy limits the amount of roils given to casual customers. I can pretty much get what I want--which is relatively modest anyway in terms of quantity. I don't waste time thinking about the possibility of teller games. I get what I can get, with a smile every time.

On the matter of 'uncirculated' coins only, all it takes is a commercial or private customer to walk in with an armload of customer rolled coins and the problem evaporates--well, for as long as the customer wrapped supply holds out.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16518 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not a problem if you are looking for uncirculated rolls. Take advantage of it.
John1

I totally agree .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
85 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2022  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep
It is extra work for tellers to give customers bank boxes of coins.
Get what you can. Any time you can. A box of donuts helps sometimes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1619 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2022  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well considering coins haven't come from the fed since last I can figure, 2011 for some half dollars needed for roll hunter circulation being the only reason for withdraws from the Fed Reserve to the hubs, but ended mostly in 2010 with the end of the State Quarters program, I'd say the cashier is lying to you, or at least being misleading.

Now the bank might have a policy that if they take in rolls or coin from customers it must be sent in and processed, they can't give it to someone else. this is possible, and then it's possible the armored carrier brings whatever they bring from the distribution hubs, wrapped in their packaging.

probably didn't explain it well, but most likely got too many complaints about short rolls being pawned off on the next person that walks in and setting a policy they can't be immediately given back out. not so much, "no older coin" as it is "no customer wrapped coin"
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 786Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: