Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interest In Ikes Is Not Peaking

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,759Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think this is my favourite...
Fantastic!

In case anyone missed it...

http://goccf.com/t/401089
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3439 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In case anyone missed it...

I did indeed miss that, but I have been right through it now.
What a stunning collection of Ikes. :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If so inclined, you can always go down the Ike rabbit hole and seek out the die clashes, doubled dies a few RPMs and the various peggers. But beware!

I don't think I am ready for that yet

But, I change my mind quite a bit when it comes to collecting coins. I'm not satisficed until a collection is complete. You know a little OCD
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't think I am ready for that yet
I have been collecting Ikes for over 40 years and I am not ready, either!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The only 2 I need now are the 1973D and 1973S.

Then what are you waiting for? There is no time like today to buy a nice Ike. Prices of the 1973-D and 1973S are very reasonable in mid-to-high MS condition.
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is no time like today to buy a nice Ike. Prices of the 1973-D and 1973S are very reasonable in mid-to-high MS condition.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3439 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Then what are you waiting for?

I'm not in any hurry, I have been working on completing other sets. It's not the cost of the coin so much, but postage that is double that amount. :) I'll get them eventually.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
108103 Posts
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my view Ikes are probably how collectors viewed Franklin half dollars in the late 1960's - mixed feeling about the design and considered somewhat common with a few exceptions. The difference is the quality of Ike coins was inferior to Franklins so Ikes as the one shown 1974S will do well ion the future - clad or silver clad. Please the mintages while in the common weren't enormous as they have been for the dime, nickel, cent, and, often, quarter since the mid 1960's.

If you enjoy Ikes then go for it. A great area for collectors at all levels and the Ike offers some nice varieties to explore as one advances.

AS for myself, I just have one Ike, one of my few graded coins, and I enjoy it. But my preference is for WLB, AI dollars and some other coin series.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful coin.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 1,759Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: