Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Argentinian Medal Identification, Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 220Next Topic  
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2021  12:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nicrusso to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone!

My mom found this medal that belonged to her grandfather. I know it is from Argentina, on one side it says "2" and "infanterķa" which should be 2nd infantry, but I can't tell what it says on the top portion, I also blurred out his name on the sash section. On the other side I can see that it says "premio pro patria" which should mean pro patria award, and then 1933.

I searched and only came up with information about the South African, and Polish versions of this type of medal that came many decades later. I'd love to find out what this medal would have been given for, or if anyone can direct me to a picture that is more clear.

Thank you!

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2490 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  07:37 am  Show Profile   Check alganbagerap's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add alganbagerap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enter whatever details you have in the search box at the top of this page.
http://www.moviarg.com/medallas/med...scuerpo.html
Best site I know of for Argentine exonumia
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nicrusso to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you! I was able to find one medal that had the exact same style (obverse was identical except for year) and the reverse was the same design but had different writing on the back. It was also made of silver instead, but it's as close as I've been able to get! Thanks again :)
Learn More...
United States
108132 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
19118 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: