Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Major Hole Filled, 1877 Indian Cent, Ag Corrosion

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 388Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
819 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  1:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was an unexpected find yesterday at coin show for a reasonable 200 bucks, so I thought about it for a while, and considering I had trade material, I thought I should get it, since I am not sure when it see another one for an 'affordable' price. I knew id was a well corroded one, but since everyone wants one and the demand is skyhigh, purchase I did.

Edited by mrwhatisit
11/21/2021 2:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
276 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  1:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice hole filled indeed.

I would have done the same.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62680 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you like it!
Learn More...
United States
21334 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A nice, clear date on a tough coin. I'm very glad it has found a new home in your collection!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1392 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me, any 1877 IHC at an affordable price is beautiful! (Especially one like this, which probably has more than its own fair share of stories to tell )
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy for you.
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A hole filled is a hole filled. Nice bargain!

I still have that hole (and the 1909-S) in my IHC set.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20464 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A little scarry though. Kind of looks like it has a sickness of some kind but not an easy coin to find in any condition.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
2393 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's rough but it is what it is. I'll guess that you upgrade it when funds allow.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3628 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a bad price considering its an 1877. I passed on a few like that until I found an AG I really liked. It was twice the price, but no damage. But had I not been able to afford that, I may not have passed. But awesome on filling that hole!!!

jbuck, the 09S is my last one keeping me from having a full run of small cents. I am NOT counting the 56 FE or the 22 plain. LOL
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am NOT counting the 56 FE or the 22 plain. LOL
I do not blame you!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16145 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just can't see myself paying $200 for a hole filler , yes I know it's a very sort after date but it's just not my cup of tea .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
819 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only need one more indian to complete my IHC set, the 1909-S, since the unexpected 77 came along.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7335 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad that you like it. I can't see myself paying $200 for a severely damaged coin, its always going to be damaged and it would bug me forever.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats but I would have passed. I have a complete (to me) set of small cents from 1857 to 2021, it's a fun set. You can always continue to upgrade (unless your just Carl, he has a few top pop), he just accumulates.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 388Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: