Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 District Of Columbia FS DDR 802 Found?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 274Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2021  9:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Holy Cow! I hope this is happening! My first possible major error find. I've been saving BU rolls since 2005 when I collected heavily and had no kids or wife with the hopes I may get to them one day. Tonight I dragged some out. I had a half open BU roll of 2009 DC Philadelphia quarters and decided to go through them. Ironically it was open because years ago I traded someone on this forum for some other coins. I kid you not the first one I picked up made my heart skip a beat. Here it is! Tell me what you think!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please properly rotate photos before posting...thanks. I think we are going to need in focus photos with less glare to really help you. The better the photos you post,the better we can help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  07:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the tips. I tried again. I definitely can not get a good look or picture of the die crack above the piano. The depression under the MB in Columbia has the right shape and location. The doubling on the key looks right.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx John! That's the website and photos I am using to try and authenticate with. It seems to have all the same due markers. I just can't trust myself! Plus finding six of these in half a roll seems unlikely.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3965 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finding six of the same dies in an original bank roll is not uncommon. Finding six FS-802 dies is a truly remarkable feat! Well done, and congrats on the amazing roll.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I know what the prize will be for your 1000 post contest
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to find the member here I gave the other half of this roll to all those years back! I'm sure there were a couple more!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54570 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what to look for on these:

Denver mints:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
11/22/2021 2:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2599 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a great find.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  07:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone! I think I'm confident enough now to move on to the next step, but what exactly is that?

I signed up to vista variety so I can post photos there. Definitely need to get a better camera set up. I'm having a hard time seeing or photographing the die marker (die crack) above the piano. Maybe this is an earlier state and the crack is not as visible is a possibility.

Next I need advice. Where to get them authenticated. How many to send off. Any advice is appreciative. PCGS has a population of 12 and NGC has a population of 10.

I have picked two that have the least bag marks and have the best chance at grading MS 64 or more likely higher. I just dont know as I am not a good MS grader.

Any advice is much appreciated!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54570 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well yours looks like the FS-802 DDR-004. (image above on my post) Just add those numbers to the 2X2 and store it with your RPMS. Having it graded would probably cost more than the value for the coin. Get a three ring binder, and put the pocket pages in that hold 20 per page and your on your way.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainkurt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reply coop! I must not be understanding correctly. The DDR 004 FS 802 is listed on the PCGS price guide as $75 for MS 65. The MS 66 doesn't have a price but the auction record on EBay was $400 from 2019. I see one listed now for $354.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: