Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1919-S 2 Feather Buffalo Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 179Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  8:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Checking one more off the list. 15 down, 13 more to go, with some tough ones remaining.

A couple dies for this year, this one being the weaker of the two, die 1. Several clashes to note:
Obverse: clash from the field under the bison's belly, visible at the temple between the hairline and the eye. Barely noticeable with my lighting, more prevalent in hand.
Reverse: Strong, common clash at EPU from the field under the chin. Also, clash below the bison's nose from the 1st and 2nd feather (again, tough to see in my images) and a much less common clash. This clash is also noticeable on several other 2F dates.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62707 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to argue that, very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5265 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! What date/mint marks are left on your list?

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops, miscounted, need 12.
@ Coinhunter27

1913-D
1913-S
1915-D
1917-D
1919-D
1925-D
1926-D
1927-D
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just learned of these 2 Feathers recently, very kool.

What kind of premium do these bring?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3253 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As with most varieties, premium varies quite a bit from date to date, mostly depending on rarity. The 25-S is one of the most, if not the most common, bringing a small premium. The toughest being the 1915-D, which can bring hundreds even in low grades.
Pillar of the Community
United States
768 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool. Next time I get one I'll update my count timer. My 1913 was sent to the wrong address by the seller, so now I have to dispute with them through eBay. I was hoping that they had swapped labels and I would be getting a surprise package in the mail.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 179Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: