Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 D LSC. Die Question.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 221Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1181 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  4:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a few of both example.

My question is. Are these two different dies with the same DDRs?
( If these turn out to be DDRs ).

Pillar of the Community
United States
2325 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm now wondering if this could be incuse Machine Doubling.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4036 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've post this kind of 2021D in the past. VarietyVista has it as DDR?
It's weird. I have these two with this on top of verticals 5,7,9.

There's a few that has only top of vertical 9 affected with two different looking dies like the 5,7,9 has.
Some 5,7 only & 5,9 & 3,5,7,9. & 3,5,7,9,11.

I myself can't imagine what it is. I don't understand how there's so many different ones. I can't picture it's being MD. But that's why I'm here on CCF.

Thanks so much for all the help in the past and future.
Thanks everyone for putting up with me and my confusing ways. With wrong wording and so on.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's opinions.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got this " DDR" and two others on the banner top there. Honestly without a scope that can get the color exactly projected into your computer you can't see this doubling. You can barely see it in hand really with a loupe without going at harsh angles and light trying to see it. I'm just suprised this made it onto variety vista I don't think it should have it isn't that noticeable at all unless your taking a pic again with a scope that can zoom in on the coin and still have the exact color of the color on the screen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn. Way over my pay grade also.

@gorham_collector.
I've mentioned in the past I'm curious about these also. But I'm going along with V.V., Wex., C.C. and other sites. Until?

A lot of issues on a coin you need magnification and light angles but not to much though.
I find sometimes pulling up a coin image on a computer screen (I) miss things but that's probably just me.

You're right it's very difficult to catch it with a loupe. By accident I caught my first one with a loupe. It is a 2020D with verticals 5,7,9,11 affected.
Sense then I throw everything under the scope. Especially the Shields.

Thanks everyone for looking and comments. Rob.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54566 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm wondering if this is a die polishing issue rather than a DDR. Note the EPU devices are normal in size. Note all the affected areas are on the same level as the fields. So any die polishing could affect these devices. Thus more of a die event, rather a hub doubling issue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's true coop. When you see major doubled die reverse on shields affecting the initials and usa you'll see the incuse be skinner and distorted. Yea I'd say if the banner is affected that much and can only be seen under the right kind of lighting I'd aspect epu to be affected too or at least something else maybe the banner lines would also look distorted.
Edited by gorham_collector
Yesterday 2:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds logical coop and Matt.
When I first ran across these I thought maybe a (gouge? )
But then there's so many different ones affected. Not all the same amount.

(Another but). Are they needing to polish dies that much to create/cause different verticals affected like that? From just one to five and in between.
Wouldn't polishing affect somewhere else on the coin?
Edited by RobO411
Yesterday 3:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got two different ones as well it so hard to even see them in hand with a loupe bc of how the top of the banner is curved. Idk I just feel it's so insignificant and it's being seen as a big thing DDR under the right light bc it looks substantial. I mean it is on variety vista not number listing tho bc it's now thru coneca.

I feel ya it could be something else like y'all said. There's more of these one I have the same is seen 2,3 untop of the bottom banner thing and the other is seen on the 5th banner thing. All on 2021 D coins #129335;#8205;#9794;#65039; Suprised we haven't seen this on denver minted shields earlier so either it's a new kinda of DDR happening a something we just can't explain and it's being called a DDR bc we want an explanation for it so we go with what we know idk it's an interesting thing going on for sure
Pillar of the Community
United States
1181 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya but. What about my question of the different maybe dies.
The A with the chip and crack above PLURIB. And B that's different?

Sorry for
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah different dies for sure. They almost look different too the "doubling" or whatever the right side doesn't look as long like A does. But it could also just be how it looks in the picture. If they are the same and then different dies then they're is something else going on that we don't know.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: