Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

More Copper: 1919 NFLD One Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 157Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
686 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  05:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The detail in this looks to be outstanding to me: the crowns on both the obverse and reverse seem to be well struck and preserved. Overall, I have this at high AU easily. But something about the surface on the obverse is giving me pause. Is that blue in the open fields and more coppery halo natural or has this been messed with?

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19243 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  05:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High AU? - I doubt it.
More like MS-62 to 64.

No wear on the band of the orb on the crown, either side.
All of the King's beard, mustache and eyebrow is there fields reasonably clean. Rims perfect.
Coin has not been messed with, because the sharp details mentioned above would not be there.
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CAmint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe this coin has a shot at MS-63. I compared it to an MS-65BN on the PCGS database and your coin seems to have as much details as the PCGS coin. There seems to be a small rim nick, so I think that MS-63 would be appropriate.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8620 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63 RB
I don't know if the color is natural.
Like the 1896 you posted earlier it's bronze not copper.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
686 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
right....bronze....it just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Anyway thanks folks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:09 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS beauty!

Love the blue toning. I bet it looks wicked in hand.

I have a blue toned small cent that has the same coloring.

You going to buy this one?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
686 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think so.... I'm still nervous around the pennies...managed to rip myself off several times as I was getting silver figured out. But that's all part of the fun I guess!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool beans, Silver101.

Well, if you do, be sure to post some follow up pics when you get it. I'd love to see it at different angles.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 157Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: