Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Your Entries In The List Of "100 Greatest US Coins"

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,671Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
8779 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind comments. Although I would like to think so, I'm just nibbling at the low-hanging fruit. Most of the stuff after this one will be out of my reach financially.

My ninth entry in the Top 100 list at #32, the 1787 Fugio Cent.

IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My ninth entry in the Top 100 list at #32, the 1787 Fugio Cent.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5600 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An excellent Fugio, a real beauty! One of my goals for 2022 is to purchase a Fugio, and while it won't be anywhere as nice as yours, I'm looking forward to it. Once again, thanks for sharing your amazing collection with us!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
8779 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing your fugio cent too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far, I only have two on this list. There are more than a half-dozen others that are on my want list, and I hope to someday own at least a couple of those others!

Edited by hokiefan_82
12/07/2021 4:57 pm
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So far, I only have two on this list.
Two more than me!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2081 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My 1926 MS64FH "filler" does NOT have a CAC.

Easy solution would be to send it to CAC for a bean?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8779 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice hokiefan_82. I had seen the St. Gaudens but not the S-VDB. Is yours the flat or wire rim? Your holder doesn't say and you can't tell from the straight down photo. Mine is the flat rim.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  10:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, @numismatic student. My Saint is a wire rim example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8047 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was admonished to add what came in the mail yesterday to the list here. I had not seen this thread before and am amazed at all of the entries!

Here is the full story and original post:
http://goccf.com/t/420718

How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Learn More...
United States
112116 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's great that D.L. Hansen has so far not only accumulated 66 of these 100 rarities, but has obtained them in high grades. I have only one of the 100, posted early in this thread.

I don't want this thread to go off on a tangent, but I believe he's a very positive asset for our wonderful hobby.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
942 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nicr additions!
Learn More...
United States
23203 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great addition @earle.

I wonder, for those of us who don't own the book, has this list been posted somewhere on the interwebs? Even though I'm rarely adding to my US collection, it could be fun to see if I've got more than the two that I see are duplicates for others posted here. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
460 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2022  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See the first post in this thread for a great hotlink!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 2,671Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: