Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956 Jefferson Nickel DDR-011, 11-R-Ii-C LDS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 290Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  4:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone,

I was going through some older coins I put aside from multiple coin roll box hunts and I found a 1956 Jefferon Nickel DDR-011, 11-R-II-C LDS. I just wanted it to share it with the community. Die marks line up exactly from the late die stage. The coin does have some PMD from circulation, but all in all it is in very nice condition being from 1956.

I just wanted to make sure that I can NOT claim this as full steps due to the bottom step being covered and some PMD on the stairs themselves.

Pillar of the Community
United States
501 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2021  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on finding a DDR. Hard to tel if that is the correct attribution.

Not the easiest doubling to spot but can definitely see the top notching on EPU: Moreso from your pics than the pics of the plate coin.
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
11/26/2021 11:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better more clear pics and found triple strike on S of PLURIBUS

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55374 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell what is going on. When you use other sites images, always label the source. (otherwise you are breaking copyright laws) Any of the vertical lines are Machine Doubling on the lengths of the devices. The V.V. site show the spread on the devices on a horizontal view. Note the images and take matching images of the hub doubling areas. So I'm not sure what the images you posted of your coin is? Assuming the one ones with the yellow little arrows? So I need to know what you are comparing with and which are your images?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank for the heads up Coop on the copywrite. Hopefully this explains the comparison pics.

Link to VarietyVista.com 1956 DDR-011, 11-R-II-C http://www.varietyvista.com/04a%20J...6PDDR011.htm

Die marks match up with LDS.

Isn't there too much PMD to consider this coin FS?

Updated of copywrite on pics and explanations of my overlays. All 4 are copywrite by VarietyVista.com but, 2 have my coin overlayed to show die scratch line up.

Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NocturnalJay to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, forgot to mention that all other pics are of my coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 290Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: