Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Copper LD Lincoln Cent, DDO / DDR.should I Grade?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 277Next Topic  
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  7:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this gorgeous '82 LD today in a bank roll and it looks like red gold to me! :) I'mástoked to show y'all..any help with grading advice as to whether or not I should, and do I keep or sell? Thanks guys!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5371 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is indeed a very nice coin you found, but probably not worth enough to get it graded though. I'm not seeing any doubling on it. A 2x2 or equivalent would help to protect it.
Edited by Dearborn
11/27/2021 8:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8196 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing a DDO or a DDR, can you provide a closeup of where exactly you see doubling? I just cannot see it.

I'll leave the Grading question for the experts, but as for your question about having this coin Graded by a service... unless this coin has sentimental value, having it "Graded" would be a losing proposition. This cent as is has a worth of about 3 cents (copper value wholesale), MS Graded '82 cents can be had for under $15, and with grading fees of about $50, well, as you can see, you'd be losing money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, just being honest. Your cent is a large date copper, the super rare one to look for is the small date '82-D copper. There are only a few known to exist. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
ša va bien aller

Edited by merclover
11/27/2021 8:59 pm
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait..i checked this by multiple examples and they matched rather clearly...hmm. so why are there the obvious outlines of the same letter or number twice?
Learn More...
United States
22007 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From a grading perspective, I'm concerned about the series of scrapes above LIBERTY and the one gouge by Abe's bow tie. Otherwise, it is quite pleasing to me.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
6759 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, I'm seeing MS63-ish. Obverse shows unfortunate dings, especially that linear cluster on the west side. I'm not seeing any doubling. Could be the glare-induced appearance of some doubling. Sharp(er), close-in images may tell a better story.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64338 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-62RD, pretty much a spender to me.
Valued Member
79 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  01:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PurloinedCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right on, thank you guys! Ill keep pluggin away!
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 277Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: