Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1872 Three Cent For Thoughts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 299Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is another Three Cent I am looking at .
This one looks nicer that the others I posted in my eyes.
Not my photos

Valued Member
United States
451 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it could be a winner. Slightly better date, too, in XF and above.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sh521932, you should start a new thread for discussion of your coin. If you want comparisons to your coin, maybe link OP's coin in your thread.

OP, obverse pictures are blurry but the coin looks nicely struck on both sides in all the focal points. The surfaces do not show even luster so I am at high AU but could change my mind with better pics.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numismatic yes a bit blurry . I am on the fence . He wanted 119.00 but is willing to take 92.00
I still think its a bit high for a ungraded AU coin but could be nicer than the pics indicate .
I may try and get it a tad lower or may take it since it has return privy and hope its nicer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a mark/scratch in the hair under the O of OF in the obverse and another above the second I in III in the reverse. Those would be the principal areas of concern.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2585 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks like a solid 1872. The reverse looks AU-53. The obverse is a bit harder to evaluate because of the blurry picture. I see mid-AU detail on the top knot and hair curls, but a bit more iffy clarity on the jewels in the tiara and lettering in LIBERTY. The hairlines on the reverse suggest an old wiping, but it definitely looks market acceptable in the pics. The surfaces are even color and don't show any serious knocks.

There's a decent price jump from EF-45 to AU-50. If it's at least AU-50, it looks like a solid coin for the price. If the seller has return privileges or could provide a clearer obverse photo, you may be able to get a better feel for this one. Again, it looks like a solid coin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11197 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 299Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: