Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Error Is This? It Is A 2020 Or 2021 US Penny. I Can't Tell For Sure Due To Error.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,527Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  7:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Exrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am new to coin collecting and I was wondering what this error is?

Edited by Exrider
11/28/2021 7:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3677 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We have a thread ongoing about these: http://goccf.com/t/411549

Apparently they are 2021 cents and a number of them were just released in Virginia.

It is a retained cud with interior die break.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Exrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Thanks so much!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64379 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great cud!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second one on this forum very nice see they are circulating more now
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chesapeake Virginia very nice
Edited by gorham_collector
11/28/2021 8:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the above, totally a legit mint error you have there, very much a keeper...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, Another GREAT find! . Got 10 rolls on their way from Virginia? We'll see? Sarge
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! I'm more westerly but still in Virginia, picking up a couple boxes tomorrow.
-makecents-
Learn More...
United States
22021 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely worth saving in a 2x2. Great find @exr!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really need to visit a Virginian bank. I'm sorry but if I found an entire roll of these, my mind would be blown.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Edited by SilverCents
11/29/2021 11:57 am
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silvercents
A whole roll like 50 of them would be incredible the odds insanely low lol
Or a roll that has like 5 or so in it
Pillar of the Community
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haha I know Gorham, but I've seen it happen before. One time nearly half a roll of mine had the exact same RPM.

That's why my mind would be blown!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sarge50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so I purchased 10 rolls from Virginia and should be arriving any day now to look for this CUD error?

In the mean time I bought two (2) rolls of 2021 P Lincoln cents to see if any of these CUD errors went to any other state! I checked coins in Ohio, Florida, ND, Kentucky, MA, CA, Nevada, WY, AZ! I found no errors in any of these rolls! Still waiting on rolls from other states!

I contacted A buddy of mine I served in the army with lives in Weston, VA that collects error coins and told him about the CUD error and he said he bought a roll and he didn't find that error but there were several (20) in his roll off center! He bought a roll of 2021 P roll and he said it was like pulling teeth because of the coin shortage? His errors he found are not significantly off center but it is noticeable and probably 1% off center and he sent me one! Below is the error also floating around Virginia!
. THIS I NORMAL RIM 2021 P!

THIS OFF CENTER, NO RIM!

. Hard to photograph such a NEW shiny coin! Sorry!

I'll update again once my 10 rolls from Virgina come in and I inspect!
Sarge
Edited by Sarge50
12/04/2021 12:55 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 1,527Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: