Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1914 10c Barber Dime #5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 279Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
8528 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  11:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$42. Thoughts? Thanks!

IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Edited by numismatic student
11/28/2021 11:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2052 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My thoughts... why? Do you see something special about it? You're paying close to AU50 price for a VF/low EF coin, possibly Details. Knowing how deep your pockets are, there are multiple slabbed MS examples available for under $300.
Valued Member
United States
456 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  12:21 am  Show Profile   Check pristine2's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pristine2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exquisite resolution on this pic, but is the color accurate? If so, it isn't quite right.

I can't see it grading higher than XF, either. Not the best deal, and not the most interesting coin you've shown us. I've made worse purchases though, so don't feel bad.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3573 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  01:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF Details. The light splotchy patches look to be where heavier toning once was, before it was dipped. Retoning, but still evidence of the once problematic toning that was there.
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF details IMHO
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11224 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU50.

I have to agree that the coin was cleaned and not rinsed properly or something else was spilled on the coin. the chances that anything can clean this up is pretty slim. the eye appeal imo will knock this at least a full grade. net XF details
Pillar of the Community
United States
1363 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with EF Details, Cleaned and Dipped. Unfortunately, this is a very unattractive and problematic example of a very common date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64439 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess EF-40 sharpness, barely, but agree this is a details coin. Don't care for the look at all.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16534 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-45-AU-50 Details , half butt cleaned .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: