Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1886 Indian Head Cent - Type I

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 288Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  5:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just picked this up on some bad pictures. What do you grade? Thanks!!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64338 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63RB.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16514 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63+RB .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
8527 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65rb. Could be higher. I don't see any marks on this coin.
IN NECESSARIIS UNITAS - IN DUBIIS LIBERTAS - IN OMNIBUS CARITAS
Help me optimize my photo setup: http://goccf.com/t/411871
Pillar of the Community
United States
628 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so far......Here are the pics I bought this from.

The spot above the first feather is troubling, but not a huge concern. Lovely coin either way!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16514 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny , I know it's the same coin but why does he first 8 look different between the two examples ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Angled - throws weird shadows...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64338 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've submitted dozens of Indians for grading over the years. In my view, the freckled carbon spotting on the obverse, and the major spot above the first feather, along with an overall lack of luster, leave this at an average MS-63 from the curb.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3556 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
subdued luster and overall surface preservation will keep this below GEM, first thought was MS63, carbon spots make get a pass given the lack of contact marks, may get a bump to MS63+. Nice example nonetheless!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 288Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: