Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957 D LWC W/RPM. Unable To Attribute This One.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 313Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  5:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As the title states, this appears to me as a RPM. However, after closely scrutinizing all of the examples I have observed, I am unable to match it.
Do you see split upper and lower serifs? I do. Yet the images may not be clear enough to discern. No examples of split upper and lower serifs concurred with CC or Wexler. Due to a lack of visible markers, positive attribution is difficult. Some came real close but MM location eliminated those as well.
There are a lot of examples for this year and can become mind boggling.
Any opinions here?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55503 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like one of the minor Examples.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
22050 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you see split upper and lower serifs?

I do too!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes there are 75 known 57 RPMs on cc. I have about 300 that I can't attribute. But it's fun trying.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback. So, even though it is not readily attributable, would it be safe to assume a RPM? The consensus appears to say yes.
With so many listed for this year it would almost seem impossible not to find one. I have about 60 more 57 D'Souza to look through.
Thanks again for your insights.
Valued Member
United States
382 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gsp193 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely looks like an RPM to me but I am no expert!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely save it as a RPM.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2x2, in the box. Moving on. Hopefully more to come.
Thanks all.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 313Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: