Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 Copper Penny: Could It Be? I Think It Could Be!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 430Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  12:03 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kevinburchett84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
(revised and also let me State this I uploaded a picture for some reason it didn't upload and also I want to point out to fine fact that I had no idea how to respond to anybody it wouldn't let me and then it wouldn't let me upload any pictures I finally got pictures resized after 2 hours of messing with this so it sucks but nonetheless it's done I got it now please enjoy my pictures I hope you guys and gals see what I see) So I found a rather unique 1982 copper penny. And if I do believe so. I think it is a Denver small date. This unique penny looks as though it was pulled off a pointillism drawing. Want to get some other opinions on what they believe the date significance on this penny is. I have taken probably 50 pictures of this thing and different angles trying to get the perfect image of the date and my best images lead me to believe that I am right that it is a 1982 small day Denver mint copper penny. The weight is right. The uniqueness to what happened to the penny is consistent on the side front the back everywhere to me if someone intentionally did this to the coin it would not be so consistent so give me some opinions and let's maybe hope I'm right.

Pillar of the Community
United States
786 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a large date. Even in this corroded condition it is identifiable by the shape of the 2 and the distance of the date from the rim of the coin. It was quite likely buried at some point, metal detected coins often exhibit extreme corrosion like this.
Edited by lcutler
11/30/2021 04:41 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13147 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, easily recognizable Large .Date
Valued Member
United States
408 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  08:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, it's a large date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64173 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large date for sure.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5254 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to agree that it is a large date, hard to tell with the shape of the 2 because the bottom part is gone, however the close proximity to the rim says it all that this is a large date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55373 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

A damaged coin is just worth face value.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8118 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep searching!

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kevinburchett84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank everyone for their insight to the 1982 penny. After some more looking I agree with everyone that it is indeed a large date. When learning how to identify the large date Vurses the small date. Nobody ever said look and see if it close to the edge. Sure makes it a lot easier. Well anyways thanks and boy do I have a treat for any off you that would like to help me with a couple more coins. I'll be Mmaking another topic in a few minutes. These ones are definitely fun to look at especially one with a bizarre strike threw. Well strikethrew if I'm using the right Terminology
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 430Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: