Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Oddly Shaped1968 Lincoln Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 347Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  05:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nvr735i to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi I'm new to coin collecting and I was going through a batch of coins I had and came across this Penny. It's obviously smaller than the regular Penny and is missing in God we trust,the L in liberty and missing edge all around. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether or not this was Mis-struck or was it altered manually by somebody? Thanks for your help!

Edited by Nvr735i
11/30/2021 05:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
786 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately this coin is just damaged.
Learn More...
United States
21935 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nvr, first welcome to CCF. Second, Imagree that this coin was damaged by shaving down of the rim. Whether this was intentional or not, I don't think that we will ever know.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
6672 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, post-strike damage, unfortunately.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13156 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Possibly someone was shaving it down to the size of a dime to fit
in vending machine. In any case, it is just damage.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5309 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Totally agree with the consensus here. PMD.

And

Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64205 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5275 Posts
Learn More...
United States
108156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
536 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was ground down to the size of dime to fool a pop machine. So I've heard.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nvr735i to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok guys thanks so much for your help!
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: