Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Grade This 1919 50 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 518Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  9:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a scan. The apparent rim damage in the photos is not on the coin. Based on Coins and Canada, this looks like an XF to me.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1221 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say its closer to VF-30
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64191 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking closer to EF-40.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4138 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF 30 is about bang on for our standards .
Is that a scratch obverse?
Valued Member
Australia
404 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pic is not good enough to grade properly.
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4122 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the vertical jewels and crown band, VF-30, maybe 30+
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2512 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF30+ sounds right to me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
701 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me its VF30 tops
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5846 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well if you look at Saskatoon Coin Grading it is AU50

http://www.saskatooncoinclub.ca/art...0c.html#EF40
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2512 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the Saskatoon coin grading description I say it would fall closer to EF40
Pillar of the Community
Canada
503 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF35 IMO but I must agree the Saskatoon reference would have it at EF40 atleast..
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
721 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saskatoon is a great resource: basically a set of nearly complete PCGS visuals for Canadian coins. I use it all the time. Also Andre Langlois who is closer to the Canadian norm for grading. If you have those two then you're in good shape.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2471 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for all the replies.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 518Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: