Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinhunter4's And Sheldius' Joint 1000th Post Contest

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,312Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2906 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think Canada is currently locked out if shipping to new Zealand and a few other places due to covid. And many others are so back logged that it sayes it may take 20-30 days longer then normal. Not sure if that's the reasoning here. I have not checked the Canada post shipping info in a little while though.

I imagine shipping anywhere other then Canada to USA or vise versa could very well never show up, or show up months later.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3243 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Pretty disappointed that I can hold a successful giveaway that sevres mostly Americans, yet you guys can't go outside the USA or Canada.

Really destroys the goodwill.

Not sure if criticizing a giveaway, something that people do to spread joy and cheer out of their own pocket, is such a good idea. They don't even have to do this yet they're willing to host it. I understand your disappointment, but shipping overseas is expensive, so it isn't really appropriate for something like that to be said.

EDIT: Grammar
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Edited by SilverCents
12/02/2021 2:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David Graham - Did you have any guesses. I don't see them in the post.
Sorry to disappoint Princetane. When the world returns to normal, we will hold a multinational contest in future.
Both our options for post offices aren't great right now for international shipments. Lots and lots of lost shipments.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  3:40 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MrWhatisit 18.57 CoinHunter
Fefimo 19.42 CoinHunter
Dennman 24.48 CoinHunter
Coin_rejector 27.17 Sheldius
Wrekkdd 28.17 CoinHunter
T-Bop 29.72 CoinHunter
Cdcoins 32 CoinHunter
SilverCents 34.5 CoinHunter
John1 42 Sheldius
Nfine 112 CoinHunter

List so far.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1130 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Not sure if criticizing a giveaway, something that people do to spread joy and cheer out of their own pocket, is such a good idea. They don't even have to do this yet they're willing to host it. I understand your disappointment, but shipping overseas is expensive, so it isn't really appropriate for something like that to be said.

To be honest I can see both Princetane's and Silvercent's views. As a global community it is nice to see prizes offered to most members, such as Princetane did a while back. I would hazard a guess that international postage from NZ is on par with USPS rates. Coin collecting is, in most cases, an expensive hobby. I can understand that postage costs for sets can add up however what does it cost to send a non-slabbed small coin overseas? $2-3 via USPS? And considering that half the members are from USA and Canada there's a 50/50 chance that the item won't be sent OS anyway. When PT put up the prizes, it was likely that all would be sent OS. Personally, I would most happily offer to pay for the postage if I won (an option some provide with quiz prizes). Yes, I know the prizes are being offered from the goodness of the posters heart but excluding half the community from the competition for not being prepared to spend an extra buck or two on postage or not offering the option for the winner to pay postage seems a little Scrooge-like.
Am sure I'll get flamed for my views but there goes...
And as a teaser, I am approaching 1000 posts and will be running a comp over the 12 days of Christmas to celebrate and yes, the prizes will be on offer to all members of the CCF with reliable postal services.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1130 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

David Graham - Did you have any guesses. I don't see them in the post.

Was going to then realized I was excluded owing to my location. Maybe I should enter anyway. If I win and am not eligible does that mean everyone misses out!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8051 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay...

#1 - $28.83
#2 - CoinHunter4
Valued Member
United States
424 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here we go....

guess #1 - $14.32

Guess #2 -CoinHunter4
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
21.19 and Sheldius
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if
My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you! A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification. I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess #1 $37

Guess #2 Coinhunter
Edited by IsThisAnything
12/02/2021 11:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5972 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1/ $25.36
2/ Coinhunter4
Valued Member
United States
355 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$14.10
CoinHunter4
Pillar of the Community
United States
1127 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After discussing with CoinHunter4 we are willing to have the 2nd place prize attempted to deliver to any country. We just don't guarantee when or if it will get there. Submitter to contest takes the risk.

Also, in order to make the 2nd prize fair, guesses on who will get to 1000 first will close once one of us reaches 925. So about 50 more comments to go. Get your guesses in ASAP.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1078 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
16 entries so far:

MrWhatisit= $18.57, CoinHunter4
Fefimo= $19.42, CoinHunter4
Dennman= $24.48, CoinHunter4
Coin_rejector= $27.17, Sheldius
Wrekkdd= $28.17, CoinHunter4
T-Bop= $29.72, CoinHunter4
Cdcoins= $32, CoinHunter4
SilverCents= $34.5, CoinHunter4
John1= $42, Sheldius
Nfine= $112, CoinHunter4
ijn1944= $28.83, CoinHunter4
DeputyMax= $14.32, CoinHunter4
That Coin Dude= $21.19, Sheldius
IsThisAnything= $37, CoinHunter4
mcshilling= $25.36, CoinHunter4
jason39305= $14.10, CoinHunter4

Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
My Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/coinhunter...047675.l2559
ANA # 3204217, CONECA # Y-6505
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NLL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sheldius
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,312Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: