Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Andrew Jackson Tears Of Ink!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 392Next Topic  

United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  3:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add riz36 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I am a beginner and this bill caught my attention.
2017 ink tears for sure and the mark on the top left I am not sure how or what that is.
Is this worth selling?
Thank you in advance, riz36

/

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by riz36
12/01/2021 5:04 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42788 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Part of a bank tellers stamp I think.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
108363 Posts
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add riz36 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definately no a stamp. No other marks indicating that. Thank you for thought though. I will try a close up
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64338 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, this was once the top note in a wrapped bundle, and the edge of the teller's stamp missed the wrapper.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
12/01/2021 4:54 pm
Learn More...
United States
108363 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agree, this was once the top note in a wrapped bundle, edge of the teller's stamp missed the wrapper.
A more accurate assessment.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3524 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Definitely not a stamp.

What makes you say this ? I completely disagree.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
134 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Orac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like the edge of a bank stamp to me . . .
Cool effect.

United States
25 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add riz36 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who should I take it to to verify that does not cost an a or leg?
If it is a stamp, how would one get in this position on the bill? What are they stamping? just open minded.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1570 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  09:07 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who should I take it to to verify that does not cost an arm or aleg?

You could try taking it to your Local Coin Shop (LCS) & I'm absolutely dead certain that the owner/staff (who have seen many of these) will tell you the same. The reason they will tell you this is because post BEP (print) teller stamps are very common & are posted here on CCF often (see below):

http://goccf.com/t/411573
or here:
http://goccf.com/t/407553

to CCF @rtz36
Pillar of the Community
United States
3524 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Miscellaneous markings and stamping on notes is probably the most asked about topic on numismatic forums, typically by new collectors and novices. Taking it to your local B&M coin shop, as mentioned above, might require the least amount of effort and expense.

This is a strap of $2 notes with the BEP label. Notice the label width.

This is a strap of $2 notes I picked up at my bank recently. It has a non-BEP paper strap around the notes. Notice the width of the label and the bank stamp. Bank employees aren't perfect at applying the stamps and because the label is so narrow, sometimes they accidentally stamp part of the note.

Edited by SteveInTampa
12/05/2021 12:26 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 392Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: