Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dime I Found Seems To Be A Struck On 1 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 448Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  11:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I find it in 1996 dime was struck similar to this one but not for 1990. Not entirely sure myself if it's legit. Curious if anyone knows whether it is or isn't.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
42814 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Looks like environmental damage to me. You need to properly crop photos before posting them,that should make them appear closer up.Weight should tell you for sure.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
12/03/2021 11:37 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64371 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please crop and greatly enlarge your images.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2538 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
much closer and clearer photos needed and weight is important for wrong planchette errors.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13247 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just check the diameter. Is it the size a cent or a dime.
That would answer your question.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jdford to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry redone the photo, weight is 2.32, the dime is actually the same as a regular dime. Compared to the 1996 dime that looks similar they're both the same, that is if this one is which I'm not really sure. The biggest I find is it's got a bit of black inside than the 1996. Could be environmental as said before.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9808 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd guess it's a normal dime with environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6774 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, common dime having experienced environmental damage.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19359 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clad Dimes will go coppery brown, if buried in the right soil conditions for long enough time.

Better the opposite: A One Cent struck on a Dime planchet.
Nobody would dare bury such a coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64371 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the larger images. Agree that's environmental toning.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1230 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
center it on top of a cent and take a pic.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5389 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8202 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, environmental tarnishing/staining/toning post mint damage. No error here.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55465 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There would be no hit of gray at all on the coin, it is were struck on a cent planchet.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 448Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: