Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Couple Of New Gadhaiya's, Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 240Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2435 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  12:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There's been a few earlier types come up recently and as this is an area I'm quite weak on collection wise, decided to snag a couple and paid well over the top..Hopefully Steve will chime in as I've looked through his threads and can't seem to place these?..Especially the second coin?..But also maybe other collectors who have followd Steve's threads might be able to decipher something?...Maybe the first is Finn 1.1.6?
Thanks Paul
20mm x 3.77grams

21mm x 3.65grams
Learn More...
United States
23658 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice additions Paul.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6110 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great adds, Paul!

First one is 1.1.9.2, the final step before the portrait becomes much more standardized as the "Chavada" type for 1.2. The portrait is just a tad more realistic, and the attendants still look halfway human. Compare to these two recent adds

This one is closer to yours overall, and the reverse is nearly the same

This is a half-step further down the path; still sjowing the slightly more realistic reverse, but the transition to 1.2 portrait style is nearly complete

An early 1.2 for comparison

The second one is a perfect example of 1.1.5 - a junk bin category for everything that can't be easily categorized. Yours is a perfect example - it has a very developed (stylized) face not unlike 1.1.6-7, but the reverse is more archaic, like something from 1.1.2.

My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2435 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice additions Paul.
..Thanks Ron.

That's excellent! Thanks Steve
I know you were busy and appreciate you taking time out to look....Hope you got some shut eye.

So coin (1) I'll catalogue as Finn 1.1.9.2
Here's the op and your recent pick up, they are very similar.

Quote:
The second one is a perfect example of 1.1.5 - a junk bin category
Junk bin!

So coin (2) I'll catalogue as Finn 1.1.5 Amazingly beautiful and rare examples yet to be categorised..

Thanks again Steve.......Paul
Edited by Palouche
12/05/2021 11:22 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 240Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: